WHAT IS CELTIC VOLLEYBALL?
Celtic Volleyball Camp is an outstanding residential sports camp that combines an intense volleyball and beach volleyball training experience with a unique and wonderful camp atmosphere. It is led and taught by qualified and passionate coaches that have been involved in all levels of the sport from high-school to club, university and international programs. Here is what we offer to each volleyball camper:
- An elite coach – university, college, club or professional volleyball player on each court
- Additional assistant coaches on each court
- Team-mates given the opportunity to train together at camp
- Age/skill appropriate groups with the opportunity to change groups
- Skill-based indoor volleyball and beach volleyball training
- Daily position-specific training
- Physical training by a fitness professional
- Age-specific tournament competitions: boys, girls, co-ed, beach
- Awards for outstanding performance
- In-depth evaluation at the end of camp
In addition to daily volleyball instruction and training campers will enjoy the full traditional camp experience with activities such as water sports (swimming, kayaking, sailing), the ropes course, all camp games, and the campfire.
Jim played four years as an outside hitter for the Mustangs in the 1980s and won two Canadian championships as a Senior A men's player with London Kineldiego. His first coaching experience was with Fanshawe College in 1988, before becoming an assistant and later head coach with Western in the early 1990s.
Jim also coached with the Forest City volleyball club, winning a national silver medal along the way.
He won OUA Coach of the Year in 2003, taking his team to the Ontario final. Jim was also the OUA Coach of the Year in 2008, 2010 and 2011 & OUA West Coach of the Year in 2018.
Jim is in his 25th year as head coach of the Mustangs making him the longest serving coach on campus and is currently an instructor with the Faculty of Kinesiology
519-661-2111 ext 86791
Cost: The week at Celtic costs $945.00 (Plus HST) which includes cabin accommodation, all instruction and activities, all meals. There is a tuck shop on site for great Celtic gear.
Location: Camp Celtic is located on the rugged Bruce Peninsula near the village of Lion’s Head, Ontario.
CONTACT: Camp office number: (519) 793-3911. Camp Email address: email@example.com
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION... or questions on the specifics of the volleyball program contact Jim Sage at firstname.lastname@example.org