Learning By Doing
The Celtic Leadership programme allows participants to both study and develop their leadership skills. Two Leadership Directors, chosen from Celtic’s most senior staff, work closely with groups of Leaders in Training (LITs). Emphasis is placed on group processes, training, coaching skills, and evaluation of self and process. This is very much a participative camp – LITs will get out of it what they put into it!
LITs are immersed in traditional camp activities such as camp games, song-leading, campfires, talent shows, out-tripping, story-telling, and more. Successful LITs can be expected to show a marked increase in self confidence during leadership, coaching, and training situations. In addition, they learn of their ability to uniquely contribute to group processes through routinely examining and assessing themselves, others, and the group. Skills, attitude, and knowledge learned here can be applied at school, camp, and in sports environments. Each LIT receives a written evaluation at the close of camp and, in the case of sponsored LITs, a copy is mailed to the sponsoring school or camp.
Learning By Doing is a philosophy of this programme.
Who is Eligible?
Enrollment is limited to high school students aged 16 to 18 years as of camp time.
1. If the LIT is sponsored by a school, camp, or other group, a recommendation form identifying the candidate as having good leadership potential must be completed by one of the following people:
• Teacher or Coach in the case of a school
• Camp Director in the case of a camp
• By the appropriate adult in the case of a group
2. If the LIT is applying directly to Celtic Leadership Training Camp, a self written letter of application outlining the candidate’s interest, achievements, and goals, along with a recommendation form completed by a teacher or coach, must accompany the application.
For qualified applicants, acceptance will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Leadership Camp is offered in Session 2 or 3.